Hi! I very much enjoy your emails and all the information you provide. By the way, my green conure (Wyndle) looks just like the bird you have in the picture with you, Mitch.
Wyndle is a “mutt”, not a pedigree like my Sun Conure was. She has a HUGE personality and is full of spunk; very strong, inquisitive, eats all day (not overweight, tho), etc.
It amazes me that a lot of bloggers have a hard time coming up with ideas. I have an inventory of ideas for our Sunday morning get togethers. Ideas…
Just as the name implies, this is a series of quick and easy ways to help your birds stay happy and healthy around the clock.
This is a series of short but incisive ideas you can apply today bringing you closer to bird care nirvana.
The number of things necessary to provide foraging enrichment for your birds can be found in a series of quick and simple ideas.
This first list is of “mother nature made” Large Macaw Parrots
- Blue & Gold Macaw
- Blue Throat Macaw (endangered)
- Buffon’s Macaw aka Great Green Macaw
- Green Wing Macaw
- Hyacinth Macaw
- Lears Macaw
- Military Macaw
- Scarlet Macaw
- Spinx Macaw
An abbreviated science lesson as to how large hybrid macaws are bred by humans:
(Videos of all macaw species we could gather are below for your visualization, education, and entertainment)
- Buffon’s + Green Wing = Buffwing Macaw
- Blue Gold + Buffons = Bluffons Macaw
- Green Wing + Military = Calico Macaw
- Blue Gold + Hyacinth = Caloshua Macaw (no video available)
- Scarlet + Catalina = Camelot macaw
- Green Wing + Calico = Cameo Macaw
- Scarlet + Camelot = Capri Macaw
- Catalina + Blue and Gold = Catablu Macaw
- Blue Gold + Scarlet = Catalina Macaw
- Catalina + Green Wing = Flame Macaw
- Blue Gold + Harlequin = Harligold Macaw
- Blue Gold + Green Wing = Harlequin Macaw
- Harlequin + Green Wing = Jubilee Macaw
- Harlequin + Catalina = Maui Sunrise Macaw (no video available)
- Blue Gold + Red Front = Maui Sunset Macaw
- Hyacinth + Military = Milicinth Macaw
- Blue Gold + Military = Miligold Macaw
- Buffon’s + Green Wing = Miliffons Macaw (no video available)
- Ruby + Catalina = Rubalina Macaw
- Green Wing + Scarlet – Ruby Macaw
- Scarlet + Military = Shamrock Macaw
- Scarlet + Miligold = Starlight Macaw
- Harlequin + Scarlet = Tropicana Macaw
- Scarlet + Buffon’s = Verde Macaw
Not to be confused with this list of smaller or “Mini Macaws”
Donna L. is concerned,
I have heard about rope perches and all of the “pros” make sense except one con, their nails getting caught in the threads.
I don’t have Henny’s, my beautiful 21-year-old Meyers, nails clipped because she falls off of me or various other things.
She is free flight in the house, unless I am doing anything that could hurt her, or when I need my time.
i have some drift wood that my grandkids collected from a creek way out in country wanting make bird perches to put in bird cages. what do i have to do to wood or is this safe.
i soaked in tub for 2 days putting new water on 2-3 times a day. can i use or should i throw away do not know what kind of wood
From: Donna L.
Subject: Dangers found in toys and Oops, wrong Donna?
I received your informative lesson about the dear little budgie? (Sorry, tiny strokes-no memory)
I couldn’t stop reading. So happy I found you!
I started to dismantle my sweet little 21-year-old Meyer’s parrot’s toys to DIY new ones.